Thursday, August 4, 2011

Welcome to My Domestic Life

A few months ago I woke up with an idea. As with many things, I waited for a while to make sure this was actually a reasonable idea and that I honestly wanted to pursue it. My idea was to start a blog, chronicling my move to Champaign, IL and the surprising living situation I've found myself in. Well, here I am a week after my move and the blog seems to have manifested. Whether or not it's really a good idea has yet to be seen, and I hope you'll bear with me in the meantime.

As I don't anticipate anyone but my friends and family reading this, I'm going to skip the "who am I" part of introducing a blog (for now), and go straight to "why am I doing this." My thoughts on the matter are two-fold:

1) I recently volunteered to administrate a blog that has the potential to become a nationally utilized resource in it's field. And while I've "journaled online" before, I've never really given this blogging thing a real try, with maintaining a voice and themes and consistency. As administrator of this other blog, I will likely be responsible for all of these things, as well as writing posts and advising other contributors. Without practical experience in the method myself, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing these things. Thus, practicing with my own blog, focusing on a topic near and dear to my heart.

2) Despite knowing that I won't be sharing much that's truly insightful or new, there's always the underlying hope that "maybe this will be really useful to someone after all." Even if it's just a handful of my friends that find this useful, or it only inspires one or two "Oh!" moments during it's run, that alone will leave me pleased as punch.

So! With that, I hope that you enjoy my new project, and that if you have any feedback you won't be afraid to share it. Given goal numero uno, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

- Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment