Saturday, November 5, 2011

Craigslist and Restore Magic

In my constant preparation for Thanksgiving (in less than 3 weeks! Ack!), I'm constantly scouring craigslist for deals on the pieces of furniture I still need. This week I got lucky, and found a simple wooden hutch for $35, with a $10 delivery charge. It was in my dining room half an hour after clicking the craigslist link.


It's not fancy. And it's a little short, actually. But overall, it's exactly what we needed. I've filled it up with a few things to just get them out of the way in other cabinets, and you can see what it would look like filled. Designed it is another matter though.


Instead, I've been trying to make up little designs in other areas of the house. Like on the mantle, where I've started a collection of blue glass and fake flowers. I think it looks cute in this close-up, but the mantle is reeeeaaaallly long, so it actually ends up looking a little empty. But I can pretend that the picture is the way it looks in real life, right?


Right.

- Cait

2 comments:

  1. You need some pictures on that mantle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do, though that design has already changed actually. I had a painting I bought in Tanzania with butterflies, and Nick and I did our own (questionable) framing job and put it up there. Really brightens the room, I'll try to post a picture sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete